[Download-List] help using WHEN

Eshragh, Mansur MEshragh at mccneb.edu
Thu Dec 11 10:10:09 EST 2003

According to Download manual, the WHEN does not control output, for multivalued field, the same way LIST does.

Is there anyway to improve this functionality to provide better results? Also, not to mention WHEN ASSOCIATED clause which we use in LIST statement in Colleague.

By the way, in page 73 of manual ,there is an example about "..to get rid of NULL values". Well, I think this is not correct also, due to the fact that WHEN CAN NOT be used with SELECT statements!!? Atleast, I have never been able to use WHEN with SELECT that is!!

Mansur Eshragh
Programmer/Analyst
Metropolitan Community College
MIS Dept.