[Download-List] Help with XML format of non-associated multivalued field

Wendy Smoak Wendy.Smoak at asu.edu
Fri Feb 13 09:51:10 EST 2004

David L. Rotman wrote:
> makes sense in your situation, but it seems to be a
> degenerate case.

I agree, this is a case where the multivalues aren't really "values" at
all.  I think I'll swap in a space for the value mark and TRIM() the
whole thing.  If they insist on paragraphs, perhaps they can be made to
leave a blank line between them and I can call two valuemarks a CRLF.
Hopefully it'll work with an EVAL, the last thing we need is more
I-Descriptors. :(

Anyway, this got started because I was trying to test DOWNLOAD with a
large field.  I do eventually want to switch over to XML instead of my
current 'form a big dynamic array and just "know" what data is in which
field'.

Now I'll quit bugging you so you can release 7.1. ;)

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.