[Download-List] header record padding (was Header record/date format)

Shawn Waldie waldies at sanjuancollege.edu
Thu Feb 26 15:45:03 EST 2004

I'm trying to produce an extract that contains a 'fixed-width' header
record, with the remaining records being delimited.  So far, I have the
following:

DOWNLOAD file \
  FILE _HOLD_ hold.record \
  FORMAT QUOTE OVERWRITING \
 HEADING \
  EVAL "'STU_PERSON                              Nth WEEK STATS      ALL
TERMS           ':OCONV(@DATE,'D4-YMD'):'TEST GROUP
2000000
'" \
 DETAIL \

...and it's producing a header record that looks like:
"STU_PERSON                              Nth WEEK STATS      ALL TERMS
2004-02-26TEST GROUP                          "

As you can see, it's missing the '20000000' along with a bunch of padding.

After that problem is solved, I need to figure out how to get rid of the
outer-most double quotes - assuming there is a way.

TIA
Shawn