[Download-List] Calculated Fields Not Downloading Properly

Jeffery G. Summers jsummers at transy.edu
Mon Jan 3 15:16:10 EST 2005

Hello all.  I'm new(er) to the list so forgive me if this is a "newby"-type
question.  We upgraded from version 5.0 to 7.10 and found we were having all
kinds of trouble getting data to extract properly.  So I downgraded to
version 6.0 and it seemed to be working okay (for a while).

I've discovered many "computed columns"/I-desc/virtual fields are ending up
"null".  I'm getting the following error message when sending the output to
the screen:

In DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD.LOAD at line 106 WARNING: UNINITIALIZED
VARIABLE US
ED! Zero Assumed!

Some of these are Datatel-supplied fields (this one in particular is
STU.HOME.CITY from STUDENTS).  I CD'd the field but still get this error.
In the extract file it simply fills in the information with the information
for the previous field listed in the extract specs.  LISTing the information
works fine as does querybuilder; it only has problems when issuing the
DOWNLOAD.

Any of you know what I can do to fix this problem?  We never had this issue
on 5.00 - should I downgrade to 5.10?

We are using AIX 5.3.3, Unidata 6.0, on an RS-6000 box.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeffery G. Summers
System Administrator
Transylvania University