[Download-List] Extra TR element with break.sup footing.on

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Wed Jan 12 06:34:40 EST 2005

The extra row on your output is the final footing line, analogous to
the
grand-total line on a printed report.  The line is generated
automatically
whenever a BREAK-style command is used (BREAK.ON, BREAK.SUPP).
You can control the contents by using a phrase like:
   FOOTING.ON FINAL LITERAL "THE END"
or
  FOOTING.ON FINAL TOTAL  X.EXPENSES

In your case,
  FOOTING.ON FINAL NONE
should resolve the problem.

>>> ohlandtg at musc.edu 1/11/2005 5:07:05 PM >>>
I am trying to make my automated html reports comply with w3c standards
<http://validator.w3.org/>.  By
creating a fake html file using the FIXED format to add a doctype
declaration, and then using APPEND to
add on the real HTML formatted file I have been able to work my queries
around to make everything
compliant except one little ?bug?  (yes, I am a perfectionist)

Using DOWNLOAD 7.10

When I use BREAK.SUP followed by FOOTING.ON, I get an extra trailing
pair of table row tags at the end.
Evidently this is a no-no because there is no child element (td).  When
I add another break.sup and
footing.on, I get another spurious pair of table row tags.  Is this a
bug that could be fixed, or am I
missing some alternative?

Here is a simplified example...
SELECT APPLICATIONS SAMPLE 5 BY APPL.START.TERM

DOWNLOAD APPLICATIONS DET.SUP BREAK.SUP APPL.START.TERM FOOTING.ON
APPL.START.TERM TOTAL XM25.APPL.COUNT
FORMAT HTML

<head>
<title>