[Download-List] Problem with environment var and WP51 format

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Thu Jun 2 08:48:34 EDT 2005

I'm guessing this is a bug on how DOWNLOAD builds the
file descriptor (handle) for binary files.

I'm out of town this week, but will check on this next
week when I am back in the office.

I'd be glad to hear from other folks who have encountered
similar problems.  Seeing the VOC entry (thanks, Alice)
is really helpful.

Dave Rotman
Director of Computer Services
Cedarville University
251 N. Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
rotmand at cedarville.edu
voice 937-766-7905
fax 937-766-8819
>>> moorea at wabash.edu 06/01/05 2:32 PM >>>
Hi -

We have a voc pointer called USER.HOLD defined as:
001: DIR
002: @HOME/_HOLD_
003: D_VOC

so that each user can have their own "hold" directory of files.

when I try to run a simple DOWNLOAD PERSON PERSON.NAME CITY FORMAT WP51
FILE USER.HOLD TEST OVERWRITING  I get the following error:

In /datatel/download/download.7.01/_DOWNLOAD.OP.SYS.WRITE at line 88 in
OSBWRITE
: invalid OS file variableIn
/datatel/download/download.7.01/_DOWNLOAD.OP.SYS.WR
ITE at line 88 Fatal error: OSBWRITE error

But when I use FORMAT QUOTE, it runs fine.

What's up??

Alice

Alice Moore
Information Technology Services
Manager of Administrative Systems Services
Wabash College
765-361-6303
moorea at wabash.edu

"GOD PUT ME ON EARTH TO ACCOMPLISH A CERTAIN NUMBER OF THINGS,
    RIGHT NOW I AM SO FAR BEHIND, I WILL NEVER DIE!"