[Download-List] Download question regarding the use of EVAL with a multi-valued field.

Maggie Steyn msteyn at niagara.edu
Thu Sep 15 10:29:39 EDT 2005

I am trying to 'sort' the order of the values in a multi-valued field so
that all of the 'APPLES' values will be in one column, all of the
'ORANGES' values in the next etc. (The Fruit values, of which I can have
up to 5, could have been loaded into the STUDENTS file in the
multi-valued field in any sequence.)

DOWNLOAD STUDENTS @ID N12.FRUIT NUM.VALUES 5 EVAL "IF N12.FRUIT LIKE
'...APPLES...' THEN 'APPLES' ELSE ' '" EVAL "IF N12.FRUIT LIKE
'...ORANGES...' THEN 'ORANGES' ELSE ' '"      ....etc

I am not getting any values returned in my EVAL fields. (I've tried
exchanging LIKE for EQ & removing the ' ...'s but the results are the
same.)
Is EVAL on a multi-valued field supported in DOWNLOAD ?

Thank you for your help.

(We are using Download Version 7.11.)

Maggie Steyn
Application Analyst