[Download-List] DOWNLOAD and BY.EXP Question

Chad Hemp CHemp at kcc.edu
Fri Nov 4 15:08:42 EST 2005

Try without the WHEN in the Download phrase

SELECT SA.2005 BY.EXP SA.AWARD WHEN SA.AWARD EQ "ABC"
DOWNLOAD SA.2005 @ID SA.AWARD SA.AMOUNT BY.EXP SA.AWARD

This worked for me.

Chad

>>> msteyn at niagara.edu 11/4/2005 1:23 PM >>>

I am having difficulty using the BY.EXP / WHEN syntax with DOWNLOAD.
I am trying to develop a file of specific "ABC" Awards from our SA.2005 file.
My paragraph statements look like this:
SELECT SA.2005 BY.EXP SA.AWARD WHEN SA.AWARD EQ "ABC"
DOWNLOAD SA.2005 @ID SA.AWARD SA.AMOUNT BY.EXP SA.AWARD WHEN SA.AWARD EQ "ABC" etc
The results are:
0111111,"",""
0222222,"",""
My @ID field is getting output, but not so the SA.AWARD or the SA.AMOUNT.
If I take out the BY.EXP and the WHEN in the DOWNLOAD phrase, I DO get the Award and the Amount data, but only for the 'first' Award, which is not necessarily "ABC", of course.)
e.g.
0111111,"DEF",1000.00
0222222."ABC","250.00"
Can anyone see where my error lies ?