[Download-List] out of BUF_TYPE space

Keith Johnson KJohnson at lcsc.edu
Fri Jul 6 10:29:58 EDT 2007

I would suggest to things.

One double check to see you have plenty of disk space on your system

If for example you are filling your _HOLD_ directory or what have you.
If UNIX try df at the Unix prompt or ask a sys admin.

But two, it is more likely you need to set an environmental var higher
to keep from running out of memory etc.  Did you check BUF_TYPE against
AnswerNet?

For example here is one I have had to set for:

# fix for the "Virtual Attribute Error: Virtual field too big." error @
the :

# prompt.  If needed this can be increased on a temp/perm
basis.-KMJCIT,DATATEL

VFIELDSIZE=7000

I have placed this in my .profile for all users to stop errors similar
to yours.  Sorry I do not know this exact error.

-Keith Johnson.

Lewis-Clark State College (LCSC )

Lewiston, ID.