[Download-List] DOWNLOAD anomoly

Minatra, Pat minatrae at hsutx.edu
Wed Apr 9 09:01:24 EDT 2008

I have discovered something unusual and am wondering if anyone else has noticed this, maybe it is the way it is suppose to be; however, I have never noticed it before now.

We are using Download v.7.01 on R18 Unidata combined.

In doing the following:
01)  SELECT VOUCHERS SAMPLE 50
02)  DOWNLOAD VOUCHERS VENDOR VOUCHER.DATE VOU.NET PAYEE.NAME CHECK.AMOUNT CHECK.DATE FORMAT FIXED FILE _HOLD_ HSU.VOUCHER.SAMPLE.50

Then, when I look at the file there is space between the first and second fields, VENDOR and VOUCHER.DATE as they are jammed right up against each other.  There is at least one space between the OTHER fields.

The only way I can prevent this even though I did NOT anticipate this type of behavior is to use a format statement as such:

DOWNLOAD VOUCHERS VENDOR FMT"8L" VOUCHER.DATE FMT"10L" VOU.NET PAYEE.NAME CHECK.AMOUNT CHECK.DATE FORMAT FIXED FILE _HOLD_ HSU.VOUCHER.SAMPLE.50

As far as I know, the dictionary items are correct:

VENDOR is typ=d, loc=11, format=7L, sm=s
VOUCHER.DATE is typ=d, loc=16, conv=D2/MDY, format=8R, sm=s

Does anyone know why I am not getting what I believe the characteristic space between these two fields?

Thanks for any clarity and have a GREAT day!

-------------------------
"Life is but a twinkle in the eye of eternity"
"The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor"
"sorrow looks back - worry looks around - faith looks up"
Regards,
Pat H. Minatra - N5GJR
(325) 670-5804 voice
(325) 670-1570 fax
Hardin-Simmons University
www.hsutx.edu
PO BOX 16040
Abilene, TX  79698
The mission of Hardin-Simmons University is to be a community dedicated to providing excellence in education enlightened by Christian faith and values.
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended to be reviewed initially by only the individual named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or a representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, notify the above sender, send the message back and then delete it.
Thank you for your assistance. Hardin-Simmons University; 2200 Hickory/HSU Box 16040; Abilene, TX  79698; 325.670.1000