[Download-List] Audit controls

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Thu Jun 25 09:26:26 EDT 2009

Jacqueline--

We do not have any formal systems in place.

Many of our menu items write out a log entry, but I can't recall any occasion where an auditor asked us to review those logs.

We did conduct a security assessment earlier this year.  The assessment indicated that we are in reasonable shape on formal security (systems-imposed) and user awareness of the need for security.  We are working, though, on improved education regarding compliance issues and we are beginning a project to encrypt hard drives on many of our notebooks.

Dave Rotman
Associate Vice President for Technology
Chief Information Officer
Cedarville University
251 N. Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
rotmand at cedarville.edu
voice 937-766-7905
fax 937-766-8819
>>> "Jacqueline A Fallon" <jfallon at andover.edu> 6/16/2009 12:36 PM >>>

Does Cedarville have any audit controls in place for downloads?