[Download-List] Field being truncated to 126 chars in DOWNLOAD

Brian McGuire bmcguire at gcu.edu
Fri Sep 25 10:18:27 EDT 2009

Ok now I do have a DOWNLOAD issue.  I have a field that is being truncated to 126 characters by DOWNLOAD.  I have my test paragraph below.  I have also tried adding LENGTH 500 as a qualifier to the field and the output for that field is always truncated to 126 characters.  Does anyone know how to remove the truncation or expand it to ~500 characters?

Thanks.

PA
SELECT COURSES SAMPLE 100
*
DOWNLOAD COURSES \
   ID.SUP \
   EVAL "CONVERT(@VM,' ',CRS.DESC)"    COL.HDG 'Comments' \
   COMMA.CHAR "|" \
   QUOTE.CHAR '' \
   NO.PAGE NO.DISPLAY.COUNT \
   FILE _HOLD_ BRM-TEST.txt OVERWRITING

If I use XLIST with DOWNLOAD as below, the entire field displays.  So this time I believe the issue is with DOWNLOAD.

PA
SELECT COURSES SAMPLE 100
*
XLIST COURSES DL \
   ID.SUP \
   EVAL "CONVERT(@VM,' ',CRS.DESC)" \
       COL.HDG 'Comments' \
   COMMA.CHAR "|" \
   QUOTE.CHAR '' \
   NO.PAGE NO.DISPLAY.COUNT \
   FILE _HOLD_ BRM-TEST.txt OVERWRITING

Brian McGuire, Ph.D., MAS
Executive Director
Office of Institutional Research & Student Systems
Direct:      602-639-6551
bmcguire at gcu.edu<mailto:bmcguire at gcu.edu>