[Download-List] error - incorrect redefinition of common area var

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Fri Jun 24 14:17:23 EDT 2011

Is this user running Download from the same account as other users?

It sounds like a VOC pointer to one of the Download subroutines is pointing to a different version (or a new version was loaded while this user was logged in).  To verify the versions of the subroutines (assuming the cataloging process made VOC entries), try this:
   LIST VOC F2 WITH @ID LIKE 'DOWNLOAD...'
Make sure the path (showing in field 2) is the same for all subroutines.

Probably the simplest fix would be to rerun the BUILDDL.VOC paragraph which recompiles and recatalogs all of the subroutines.  Best practice after doing this would be to have users log out and back in to make sure they are getting the newly-compiled versions.

Let me know if these ideas don't lead to a resolution.

Dave Rotman
Associate Vice President for Technology
Chief Information Officer
Cedarville University
251 N. Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
rotmand at cedarville.edu
voice 937-766-7905
fax 937-766-8819

>>> On 6/23/2011 at 11:24 AM, in message <BANLkTik+3=9bcCLLNknfeqOFmWRNdC+jgg at mail.gmail.com>, Lorna Hunt <lhunt at antioch.edu> wrote:

One of our users (but so far no one else who tries the same download) is getting the following error:

In DOWNLOAD.7.30/_DOWNLOAD.INIT at line 24 Incorrect redefinition of common area var.

Can anyone make a suggestion for what the problem might be?

Thanks!
Lorna

Lorna Hunt
Programmer Analyst