[Download-List] Record Lock

Kobayashi, Carol ckobayashi at agnesscott.edu
Fri May 22 09:52:30 EDT 2015

We have been using DOWNLOAD for years and have never had the problem until
very recently.  When the DOWNLOAD is running, we occasionally get a Record
Lock  message.  I'm not sure if we have gotten it with other files, but we
do get it  with STUDENT.ACAD.CRED. The message display every 20 seconds or
so and the DOWNLOAD does not continue until the record is no longer locked.

Example: STUDENT.ACAD.CRED - 477299 LOCKED by user 454535(CBURON)   Please
wait....

I don't see permission differences on the STUDENT.ACAD.CRED file that would
cause this.   How do we prevent this?

Thanks,
Carol

--

*Carol E. Kobayashi*

*Assistant Director/Administrative Computing System Manager *

*Information Technology Services*

*Agnes Scott College -  141 East College Avenue - Decatur, Georgia 30030*

*Voice: (404) 471-6319   Fax: (404) 471-6195*

Agnes Scott College - A liberal arts, women's college in metro Atlanta,
Georgia <http://www.agnesscott.edu/>