[Download-List] Cedarville Download version 8.01 (beta)

Rotman, David rotmand at cedarville.edu
Thu Aug 13 14:05:21 EDT 2015

I have posted a beta version 8.01 on ftp.cedarville.edu.

Here is a summary of the changes from version 8.00:
001: * Stamped: p19 rotmand, /usr/local/download, user #2048, 13 Aug 15,
07:15AM.
002: * Version 8.01
003: *   Bug fix (compilation failed on Universe due to use of two SWAP
004: *        statements)
005: *   Bug fix (execution of XLSX script on Universe systems uses
different
006: *        syntax than Unidata)
007: *   Expand notes in 000README.TXT to address varying flavors of
database
008: *        accounts
009: *   Add "$OPTIONS INFORMATION" to each program/subroutine under
Universe
010: *        so that compilation flags are not required

The XLSX setup section in the PDF documentation has been expanded to
highlight differences between Unidata and Universe environments.

My thanks to Jeff Colvin and Charles Stevenson for highlighting these
issues and suggesting fixes.

Most of my day is spent on Unidata in a Linux environment, so my knowledge
of Universe is limited.  I have tested the new version of Download on
Universe in a Windows environment (Pick flavor and Information flavor).  If
you encounter any anomalies related to the environment, please let me know.

I'll leave the 'beta' tag on the release for a few weeks until I'm sure
that the changes are stable.

David Rotman, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President for Technology
Chief Information Officer