[Download-List] Perplexing Issue

Rotman, David rotmand at cedarville.edu
Wed May 2 19:18:47 EDT 2018

I have heard about this kind of thing happening when i-descriptors make use
of @1, @2, etc.  My suspicion (unproven) is that the variables (especially
@RECORD and @ID) get modified somewhere deep in the Envision code that gets
included in the subroutine.

The original virtual field looks like this:

DICT PERSON “PERSON.ACTV.CUI.RELTN.CUI”

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.RELATION.TYPE,”X”);

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.START.DATE”,”X”);

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.END.DATE”,”X”);

   SUBR(“CC.X.S.ACTIVE.REL.TPES.CUI”, at 1, at 2, at 3);

   @4

Here is a workable suggestion (but hard to read in an actual dictionary
entry):

DICT PERSON “PERSON.ACTV.CUI.RELTN.CUI”

   SUBR(“CC.X.S.ACTIVE.REL.TPES.CUI”,

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.RELATION.TYPE,”X”),

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.START.DATE”,”X”),

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.END.DATE”,”X”))

Error checking and readability might be improved by creating 3 new
dictionary
entries:

DICT PERSON “PAC.RELTN.TYPE”

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.RELATION.TYPE,”X”)

DICT PERSON “PAC.RELTN.START.DATE”

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.START.DATE”,”X”)

DICT PERSON “PAC.RELTN.END.DATE”

   TRANS(“RELATIONSHIP”,PERSON.CUI.RELATIONSHIP.CUI,”RS.END.DATE”,”X”)

DICT PERSON “PERSON.ACTV.CUI.RELTN.CUI”

SUBR(“CC.X.S.ACTIVE.REL.TPES.CUI”,PAC.RELTN.TYPE,PAC.RELTN.START.DATE,PAC.RELTN.END.DATE)

Hope this helps...

David Rotman
15276 Nashua Circle
Westfield, IN 46074