[Download-List] Download and stylesheets

Wendy Smoak Wendy.Smoak at asu.edu
Wed Oct 1 12:09:08 EDT 2003

Phil wrote:
> Thanks for the response. Even though I suggested using xsl and css,
> this stuff is very new to me. What would the xml and xsl have to look
like?
> Are you using Download to generate or XML files?

I put a quick example up here:

http://members.cox.net/opensourceaz/xml/example.html

Dave... What's the easiest way to add a line at the top of the XML file
produced by DOWNLOAD?  The example wants you to add this:
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="person.xsl"?>

But I didn't see what would allow that in a quick look through the
manual.  It would probably also help if I knew what that type of line
was called, so I'd know what to look for.

That is a VERY basic example, but maybe it will get you started.  You
can do incredible things with XSL, and when you throw CSS in the mix
also, the possibilities are endless.

> Also what is a .htaccess file and how does this work?

It's a file that the Apache HTTP server looks for to determine whether
or not to serve a file.  We use it to restrict access to files that
would otherwise be accessible by anyone who could figure out the
filename and URL.  Google should turn up enough info to get you started
if you decide you need to use .htaccess.

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.