[Download-List] FW: Remote account

Shawn Waldie waldies at sanjuancollege.edu
Fri Feb 6 16:57:55 EST 2004

I installed in 'demo' originally because we're a new shop here; and me
having very limited dba duties (good thing), I thought I would do the least
amount of damage there if I messed something up.  Now that I know it works,
I thought the easiest way to use it in other accounts is by way of a
pointer. I just wasn't clear on the instructions.  When I type 'PAGE VOC
DOWNLOAD' from the demo account, the result is:

:PAGE VOC DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD

Based on that, I created a pointer in /datatel/work/coltest with:

:AE VOC DOWNLOAD
Top of New "DOWNLOAD" in "VOC".
*--: I
001= C
002= /usr/ud60bak/demo/DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD
*--: FI

But when I try it out, I get the following error:

DOWNLOAD version 7.02
In /usr/ud60bak/demo/DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD at line 61 Cannot find
(/usr/ud60/sys/CTLG/d/DOWNLOAD.INIT)

It obviously has something to do with the backup demo account being created.
But, like you said, it's probably going to be easiest to load the whole copy
into each account - especially now.