[Download-List] Total on a Multi-valued Field

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Wed Oct 27 11:50:13 EDT 2004

DOWNLOAD classifies its output into detail lines, header lines,
footer lines, etc.  The user is seeing the detail line (some argument
could be made that this particular syntax for DOWNLOAD is
misleading, but that's a topic for another day).

Try something like this:
DOWNLOAD filename \
 FOOTING.ON FINAL \
 LITERAL 'Total Deduction' \
 TOTAL DED.AMT \
 DET.SUP \
 FORMAT COMMA \
 FILE _HOLD_ TEST OVERWRITING

>>> April.Falkner at systems.tstc.edu 10/25/2004 11:49:36 AM >>>
I have just subscribed to this list, but it has not been processed yet
so please reply to me directly. I have a user who is trying to
download
the name and total of a multi-valued field. She is using DET.SUP and
is
just getting the amount of the first multi-value and not the total of
all the values. Her sentence is:
DOWNLOAD filename BREAK.ON SSN NAME TOTAL DED.AMT DET.SUP FORMAT COMMA
FILE _HOLD_ TEST OVERWRITING

What does she need to do to get the total of the multi-valued field
DED.AMT?

April Falkner
Email....april.falkner at systems.tstc.edu
Programmer Analyst II
Voice...(254)867-3945
Texas State Technical College System      Fax......(254)867-3935
3801 Campus Drive, Bldg 32-5
Waco, TX 76705