[Download-List] Error Message on I-Descriptors: UNINITIALIZED VARIABLE USED

Jeffery G. Summers jsummers at transy.edu
Fri Oct 29 08:36:01 EDT 2004

I just received an "edits" file to make corrections to data we supplied to
the state.  The state code appears to have repeated the last populated field
which was race.  This never happened previously - and this only happened
after we installed patches.  This error occurred using version 5.0 of
DOWNLOAD but I've upgraded to 6.0 and still have the following message for
STU.HOME.STATE in STUDENTS:

:SELECT STUDENTS

:DOWNLOAD STUDENTS STU.HOME.STATE

_DOWNLOAD.LOAD at line 106 WARNING: UNINITIALIZED VARIABLE US

ED! Zero Assumed!

I CD'd STU.HOME.STATE just to make sure, exited to the AIX prompt, and came
back to try again.  No go.  This is happening on many of our I-descriptors
now; any suggestions?  TIA!

Jeffery G. Summers

System Administrator

Transylvania University