[Download-List] download

Bright, Frank FBright at uarts.edu
Tue Mar 7 14:43:40 EST 2006

Hi Pat,

I saw your email.  To add a null value as a field, you could use the
LITERAL feature.  It places whatever is in the quotes in that place of
the record.  For example....

DOWNLOAD PERSON FORMAT QUOTE LITERAL "Current Project" LAST.NAME
FIRST.NAME LITERAL "" MIDDLE.NAME

This would download records from the PERSON file.  The first LITERAL
stores the tag 'Current Project'	in the first field and the
second LITERAL store a null in the fifth field.

To remove the quotes, I think you want to download the records in the
COMMA format.  This does not add quotes around the literal text.

DOWNLOAD PERSON FORMAT COMMA LITERAL "Current Project" LAST.NAME
FIRST.NAME LITERAL "" MIDDLE.NAME

HTH

Frank

Frank M. Bright