[Download-List] Question about SELINP

Jacob Geluk jacob.geluk at simmons.edu
Thu Mar 22 10:01:01 EDT 2007

The commons are going away...

Some Suggestions:
- Pass parameters between processes
- Use parameter files
- Don't cache the information and hope that the Operating system, the
runtime engine or the database will be doing some caching anyway (The
hardware will also be caching for that matter!).

Seriously, don't worry about it that much, However, I totally recommend
downloading the proceedings from the session at this year's dug that covered
improving performance and profiling Unidata/Envision programs they had some
good suggestions/information.

Cheers,

Jacob Geluk - Senior Administrative Systems Analyst
Simmons College
300 The Fenway
Boston MA 02115
(617)521-2198