[Download-List] Downloading DICT items (TYP, LOC, CONV, etc.)

Jeffery G. Summers jsummers at transy.edu
Wed Mar 28 11:54:44 EDT 2007

I've been doing a lot of work using printouts on our R18 computed column
conversions, but I want to also keep spreadsheets.  I've run into a snag.
Until we loaded some patches recently I was able to extract most of what I
wanted via QB.  Now I've got a "QBSEC" error where apparently QB is adding a
"WITH QBSEC = 1" to ANY query I create using dictionaries.

I'm downloading TYP, LOC, CONV, NAME, FORMAT, SM, & ASSOC.  Basically what
you get when you do LIST DICT <<FILE>>.

So, DOWNLOAD to the rescue!  But the snag I'm hitting with it is I want to
download the DICT item called FORMAT so I've got a record on field
length/justification.  This won't work because FORMAT is a DOWNLOAD keyword
for exporting purposes.  Is there a workaround for this so I can extract it?

Jeffery G. Summers
System Admin
Transylvania University
300 N. Broadway
Lexington, KY 40508
jsummers at transy.edu

Successfully scanned by McAfee SIG 3200 Appliance.