[Download-List] Can Download do... ?

Jon Wells wellsj at beloit.edu
Tue Jul 3 11:41:01 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Can this be done with out having to create new I-descriptors?  --->

[From our Institutional Researcher]
I need to download student financial aid records.
I have no problem downloading them in each of the following formats:

1.         Student ID         AwardName1
AwardName2 AwardName3 AwardAmount1 AwardAmount2 AwardAmount3

2.         Student ID         AwardName1 AwardAmount1
             Student ID         AwardName2 AwardAmount2
             Student ID         AwardName3 Award Amount3

What I'd like to be able to do is the following:
             Student ID         AwardName1
AwardAmount1 AwardName2 AwardAmount2 AwardName3 AwardAmount3

I know I've done it before – probably using the
by.exp and num.subvalues commands, but I can't
remember how to do it for the life of me! {grrrrr}

Can you help? The actual file & field names are below:

File: SA.2006
Fields:  Student ID = SA.STUDENT.ID
             AwardNames = SA.AWARD (multi-valued field)
           AwardAmounts = SA.AMOUNT (multi-valued field)

Thanks!
Cynthia

                           Jon Wells
Database Administrator                         Beloit College
Information Services & Resources           Beloit, Wisconsin
608-363-2290         wellsj at beloit.edu     608-363-2100 (fax)