[Download-List] XML Field Tags

Scott Howder HOWDERS at cedarville.edu
Thu Sep 27 08:18:51 EDT 2007

Ed -

I think the following example shows what you want:

006: DOWNLOAD COURSES \
007:   XML.ROOT.NAME "courses" \
008:   XML.FILE.NAME "course" \
009:   CRS.DEPTS NUM.VALUES ALL COL.HDG "department" \
010:   CRS.NAME COL.HDG "name" \
011:   C26CRS.TITLE.SV COL.HDG "title" \
012:   C26CRS.DESC.SV COL.HDG "description" \
013:   FORMAT XML \
014:   FILE DOCS.COMPSERV courses.xml OVERWRITING \
015:   EOR.CHAR ^013

The text in the "COL.HDG" field modifier determines the XML field tags.
 The above statement creates the following:

0001: <?xml version="1.0"?>
0002: <courses>
0003: <course>
0004:   <coursedepts>
0005:     <department>BA</department>
0006:   </coursedepts>
0007:   <name>ACCT-2110</name>
0008:   <title>Principles of Accounting I</title>
0009:   <description>An introduction to accounting for business
organizations with an emphasis on financial statement preparation and
interpretation. Topics include: the accounting cycle, present value, and
accounting for stock and debt instruments. Prerequisite: sophomore
status.</description>
0010: </course>
.
.
.
0991: </courses>

Scott

Scott Howder
Associate Director of Computer Services
Cedarville University
howders at cedarville.edu

>>> "Ed Ogawa" <Ed_Ogawa at antiochla.edu> 9/26/2007 7:15 PM >>>
I'm new to XML. We're using DOWNLOAD 7.13.

I need to export data for upload into a library membership db. How do
make the XML field tags conform to their upload template, rather than
the
Datatel field names?

TIA,

Ed

Ed Ogawa, IT Administrator
Administrative Information Systems
Antioch University Los Angeles
400 Corporate Pointe Ste 2052
Culver City CA 90230-7615
310-578-1080 x210

"Life is the most incredible mess..."
- Heather Lelache in Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K le Guin