[Download-List] Using SUBR in DOWNLOAD

Jeffery Summers jsummers at transy.edu
Tue Aug 19 15:42:21 EDT 2008

I'd like to simplify an extract I run for athletic eligibility.  Instead of
changing terms in 3 or 4 spots I'd prefer to change them in one place,
preferably the DOWNLOAD script.

Below is the text from the computed columns currently used:

Last Major Term GPA:

SUBR("S.CALC.STU.GPA",TRANS("STUDENT.TERMS",CMPM.PERSON.ST.ID:"*2007.2*UG",S
TTR.STUDENT.ACAD.CRED,"X"),"T")

Current Active Creds:

SUBR("S.UDT.TRANS","STUDENT.TERMS",(CMPM.PERSON.ST.ID:"*2008.1*UG"),"STTR.AC
TIVE.CRED")

As written they don't work; I get error messages when it reaches the part
where I build the key.  Is something like the above possible in DOWNLOAD or
must I continue to use my computed columns?

Thanks,

Jeffery Summers

Transylvania University

Administrative Computing

300 N. Broadway

Lexington, KY 40508

jsummers at transy.edu

Successfully Scanned by the McAfee SIG 3200 Appliance.