[Download-List] equiv of REQUIRE.SELECT

Spitzner, Eric Eric.Spitzner at quinnipiac.edu
Fri Sep 26 10:45:22 EDT 2008

Lorna,

I _think_ DownLoad will not produce without an active select list. You could try to Download from some small file.

However, there is an alternative. Immediately after your Select or Get.List, insert an "If @System.Return.Code LE 0 then go somewhere" statement. Insert a "somewhere:" tag lower in the paragraph, immediately preceded by a Go to get around the error message statements. Here's a bit of one of our paragraphs:
<<
027: SELECT ...
032: IF @SYSTEM.RETURN.CODE LE 0 THEN GO NODATA
033: ***
034: DISPLAY Step 4: Extract ...
035: DOWNLOAD ...
056: GO FINISHED
057: ***
058: NODATA:
059: DISPLAY
060: DISPLAY ...
061: ***
062: FINISHED:

HTH
Eric Spitzner, CDP (eric.spitzner at quinnipiac.edu)
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Quinnipiac University; Hamden, Connecticut
Sun V490; Solaris 10; UniData 7.1.0
Colleague 18 and Benefactor 5.1

________________________________

Hi there,

I'm interested in the DOWNLOAD equivalent to the REQUIRE.SELECT command.  If a DOWNLOAD is used in a paragraph and a select comes up empty I'd like to make sure the DOWNLOAD doesn't bring back every record in the file.

THANKS!!
Lorna

Lorna Hunt
Programmer