[Download-List] BREAK.SUP Page Break Option

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Thu Nov 6 08:14:23 EST 2008

The current versions of Cedarville Download do not support the insertion of a form feed into the output via the LITERAL clause.  This has not come up much, because most people use the program to produce a data file rather than printed output.  I do see, though, how Brian is making some creative use to format a report.

I'll work on adding the 'P' option to version 7.31.  In the meantime, anyone who wants this functionality can do so by copying the attached programs into their DOWNLOAD.SOURCE directory, recompiling them, and recataloging them.

Dave Rotman
Associate Vice President for Technology
Chief Information Officer
Cedarville University
251 N. Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
rotmand at cedarville.edu
voice 937-766-7905
fax 937-766-8819

>>> Brian Pollitt <bpollitt at dacc.edu> 11/4/2008 10:11 AM >>>
Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to cause a page break when a BREAK.SUP value changes?
I've tried using "'P'", but I get a syntax error. Here's my coding:

SELECT HRPER \
WITH HRP.LAST.PAY.PERIOD.WORK = "<<Enter Last Pay Period(MM/DD/YYYY):>>" \
BY D03.HR.PRI.POS.CLASS BY HRP.LAST.NAME

DOWNLOAD HRPER \
SECONDARY.FILE POSITION KEY HRP.PRI.POS \
BREAK.SUP "'P'" D03.HR.PRI.POS.CLASS FMT "0L" \
D03.HRPER.COUNTER FMT "0L" \
LITERAL "   " HRPER.ID FMT "15L" \
HRP.LFM.NAME FMT "30L" \
HRP.PRI.DEPT.DESC FMT "33L" \
POSITION->POS.DFLT.WORK.WEEK FMT "5L" \
LITERAL "    " \
HRP.EFFECT.EMPLOY.DATE FMT "8R" \
LITERAL "  " \
HRP.SERVICE.YEARS FMT "3R" CONV "MD02" \
HRP.SSN FMT "19R" LINE 2 \
HRP.AGE FMT "14R" \
LITERAL "          " \
HRP.PRI.POS FMT "19L" \
D03.HR.PRI.POS.TITLE FMT "40L" \
HRP.ACTIVE.BASE.SAL FMT "12R" \
LITERAL " " LINE 3 \
LITERAL " " LINE 4 \
FOOTING.ON D03.HR.PRI.POS.CLASS LITERAL "   --------------------------" \
LITERAL "" FMT "73L" \
LITERAL "------------" \
LITERAL "   Employees in Class " LINE 2 D03.HR.PRI.POS.CLASS FMT "2L"
LITERAL ": " TOTAL D03.HRPER.COUNTER FMT "3R" \
LITERAL "
           " TOTAL HRP.ACTIVE.BASE.SAL \
LITERAL "   --------------------------" LINE 3 \
LITERAL "" FMT "73L" \
LITERAL "------------" \
LITERAL " " LINE 4 \
FOOTING.ON FINAL LITERAL "   ====================" FMT "80L" \
LITERAL "   ===============================" \
LITERAL "   Total Employees: " LINE 2 TOTAL D03.HRPER.COUNTER FMT "3R" \
LITERAL "" FMT "60L" \
LITERAL "Total of Salaries: " TOTAL HRP.ACTIVE.BASE.SAL \
LITERAL "   ====================" FMT "80L" LINE 3 \
FILE _HOLD_ HR.EMPACT.TXT FORMAT FIXED OVERWRITING NO.PAGE

Thanks!!

--
        Brian J. Pollitt