[Download-List] How to do Report Headings that also include all the Field Labels

Brian McGuire bmcguire at gcu.edu
Thu Nov 6 09:50:14 EST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to create a Report Heading for a comma separated file that
consists of:

GCU.DISBB2 as of 11/6/08

"Student","Last","First", (etc for all the Field Labels in the report)

Below is a snippet of the paragraph.  I am using XLIST feeding into
Download.  I get output that begins at the Field Labels and includes
data.  I am NOT able to get the first 2 lines of the Report Heading that
I desire.

XLIST STUDENT.TERMS DL \

  ID.SUP \

  STTR.STUDENT \

  LAST.NAME \

  FIRST.NAME \

... other output fields (too many to type all the column headings
manually)  \

  HEADING LITERAL "GCU.DISBB2 as of 'D'" LINE 1 \

          LITERAL "" LINE 2 \

        FIELD.LABELS LINE 3  \

   PROGRESS.INTERVAL 55000 \

    FILE _HOLD_ GCU-DISBB2 OVERWRITING

When the paragraph runs, I see the following display, which indicates
that I will have a challenge in the output:

XLIST 1.8f (12/01/06) > DOWNLOAD version 7.13 Using input file
STUDENT.TERMS Output to file _HOLD_ GCU-DISBB2

10386 records processed.

Enter <New line> to continue...

LITERAL "" already has a LINE qualifier "LINE 2"

HEADING may be specified only once.

Here is a sample of the output showing Lines 1-2, notice that I am
missing the 2 top Report Heading lines:

"Student ID","Last Name","First Name","MIDINITIAL","DMI
ID","ACCEPTED","IEC-LFNAME","IECM-LFNAME","OEC-LFNAME","OECM-LFNAME","DI
SB-DATE1","ALL-COURSES"

"9999999","Billy","Bob","M","bbilly","Accepted","Myself, Me","Yourself,
You","AllUs, Us","ForgetIt, Now","1/5/09","EED-580A-OL102
EED-580B-OL202"

Do anyone know how to do this?  Thank you.

Brian McGuire, Ph.D., MAS

Executive Director

Office of Institutional Research & Student Systems

Toll Free: 800-800-9776 x7605

Direct:      602-639-6551

FAX:         877-218-6668

bmcguire at gcu.edu