[Download-List] 'out of BUF_TYPE space'

Brian Pollitt bpollitt at dacc.edu
Tue Dec 16 15:33:21 EST 2008

Buddy Ellis wrote:
> I'm new to DOWNLOAD and am getting the following error when I try to process a large number of records (900 or so):
> ****In DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD.LOAD at line 122 out of BUF_TYPE space.
>
> I found a reference to BUF_TYPE back in the 2007 archives but it appeared to have no content attached.  Any ideas?
>
> -b

Buddy,

I had a BUF_TYPE space error a month or so ago. I had an EVAL statement
in my code and didn't get an error when I took that statement out. I
don't remember all the details about it, but I do remember that taking
the EVAL statement out didn't produce an error. Just something to try
(if you have an EVAL statement, anyway).

--
        Brian J. Pollitt