[Download-List] Problem mixing single value and multi value fields

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Wed May 19 08:12:08 EDT 2010

Larry--

Did you ever get this resolved?

The BY.EXP shown work on the Download statement even if the active list was not created using BY.EXP.  (There might be some differences in the order of the output, but it should still work.)

Does the dictionary show that UATB.N.CONTRACT.KEY is multi-valued?  Using BY.EXP on a single-valued field will generate an error in Download (but not for Unidata LIST).

Dave Rotman
Associate Vice President for Technology
Chief Information Officer
Cedarville University
251 N. Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
rotmand at cedarville.edu
voice 937-766-7905
fax 937-766-8819

>>> On 5/13/2010 at 12:50 PM, in message <A2A428CE8EE92249A3E4A2508DD94A90748CAA0FF8 at WPOH0014EXMBX00.cardinalhealth.net>, "Storey, Laurence" <Laurence.Storey at carefusion.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to flatten some data for export to a spreadsheet.
Using standard sort/list commands, the data looks like this:

LS.INV.NUM..... UATB.N.CONTRACT

         393139 001-5087442-001
                001-5087442-002
                001-5087442-003

I want it to look like this:

         393139 001-5087442-001
         393139 001-5087442-002
         393139 001-5087442-003

I tried this syntax:

SELECT LS.INV.NUM BY.EXP UATB.N.CONTRACT.KEY WITH @ID = "393139"

3 records selected to list 0.

DOWNLOAD LS.INV.NUM UATB. at ID BY.EXP UATB.N.CONTRACT.KEY UATB.N.CONTRACT.KEY

I get this:

DOWNLOAD version 7.30
Using input file LS.INV.NUM
Output to screen

393139,"001-5087442-001"
393139,"001-5087442-001"
393139,"001-5087442-001"

Then I get this:

DOWNLOAD Error Listing                                                Page     1

                                                               09:19:03 05-13-10

Invalid syntax "UATB.N.CONTRACT.KEY UATB.N.CONTRACT.KEY": should be "UATB.N.CONTRACT.KEY multi-valuedField"

So, I get the repeated single value (which is good) but then I get the first value of the mult-value field repeated (and I get the error message). Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but if anyone can give me different syntax that might work, I would appreciate it.

BTW I'm using Unidata 6.0 (on UNIX).

Thanks,
-Larry

laurence.storey at carefusion.com

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary

Dansk - Deutsch - Espanol - Francais - Italiano - Japanese - Nederlands - Norsk - Portuguese
Svenska: www.cardinalhealth.com/legal/email