[Download-List] Empty XML tags

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Thu Jul 8 07:22:34 EDT 2010

David--

Thanks for the additional feedback.  Yes, it makes sense to have this
option on a field-by-field basis.

I'm getting close on the new version.  I ran into some problems
yesterday on the Universe version but should be able to get those
resolved in the next few days.

Dave Rotman
Associate Vice President for Technology
Chief Information Officer
Cedarville University
251 N. Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
rotmand at cedarville.edu
voice 937-766-7905
fax 937-766-8819

>>> On 7/7/2010 at 7:48 PM, in message
<BEEAB4A4DAF29A4F9B8452276C1DC4847D3A6543CB at EMSCM006.sagemsmrd01.sa.gov.au>,
"Norman, David (Health)" <David.Norman at health.sa.gov.au> wrote:

Dave,
While my change to DLPROCESS to not print empty XML tags worked, with
greatly reduced file sizes, it created a whole new set of problems for
our 3rd party receiver, as mandatory (unknown to us) empty tags were now
not sent. The easiest solution was for them to change their schema to
allow empty integers, so I undid my change.
If you are still considering this option, can I suggest that it be on a
field by field basis, not global, with the option of a DEFAULT setting
?

Regards,
========================
David Norman
Senior Software Engineer - SA Ambulance Service

ICT Services
SA Health
Government of South Australia

Box 3, GPO
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
*+61 8 8274 0384
* fax +61 8 8271 4844
* david.norman at health.sa.gov.au

This e-mail may contain confidential information, which also may be
legally privileged. Only the intended recipient(s) may access, use,
distribute or copy this e-mail. If this e-mail is received in error,
please inform the sender by return e-mail and delete the original. If
there are doubts about the validity of this message, please contact the
sender by telephone. It is the recipient's responsibility to check the
e-mail and any attached files for viruses.