[Download-List] help with install? DOWNLOAD v7.30

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Mon Jul 12 07:05:20 EDT 2010

I'd recommend that you enter BASICTYPE "U" at the colon prompt before running the installation paragraph.  This will change your Basic interpreter settings to Unibasic.

Dave Rotman
Associate Vice President for Technology
Chief Information Officer
Cedarville University
251 N. Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
rotmand at cedarville.edu
voice 937-766-7905
fax 937-766-8819

>>> On 7/9/2010 at 12:57 PM, in message <6.0.1.1.1.20100709124524.01cd3580 at 12.167.143.145>, Beverly Wilson <bwilson at daedalus-books.com> wrote:

Hi.

I've downloaded and followed the steps for installing DOWNLOAD version 7.30 but am getting compilation failures on two routines: DOWNLOAD and DOWNLOAD.PARSE.  I'm hoping someone can suggest what I should do to get this running. :-)

My environment is Unidata 7.2.1 on HP-UX and I did change my ECLTYPE from type P to type U before running BUILDDL.VOC. I'm including the errors reported for these two routines. If I need to provide any further info, please let me know.

TIA.

Regards,
--bev
____________________________
Bev Wilson
Daedalus Books & Music
Columbia, MD 21046
www.daedalusbooks.com

Errors in DOWNLOAD installation:
Compiling Unibasic: DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/DOWNLOAD in mode 'p'.
main program: syntax error at or before
<line 729>          READLIST ORIGINAL.LIST ELSE
           -----------------------------------^
Misuse of reserved word 'ELSE'
Expecting: FROM

Warning: there are some statements after END near line 732
Warning: Variable 'X.LIT.DICT.EVAL.VALUE' never assigned a value
Warning: Variable '@ID' never assigned a value
error: the following labels are used but have not been defined:
GET.LIT.DICT.EVAL
HAVE.FATAL.ERROR
CHECK.IF.SELECT.SAMPLE.NEEDED
POST.DOWNLOADING.PROCESSING
FINISH.REPORT
GET.NEXT.BY.EXP.VALUE
FINISH.BREAK
START.BREAK
START.REPORT
MOVE.NEW.DATA.TO.CURRENT
LOAD.RECORD
GET.NEXT.RECORD
  near line 732
compilation failed
errno=2: No such file or directory
Can not access program DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD.

Compiling Unibasic: DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/DOWNLOAD.PARSE in mode 'p'.
main program: syntax error at or before
<line 4963>       READLIST XL.RECORD.DICT ELSE
            ---------------------------------^
Misuse of reserved word 'ELSE'
Expecting: FROM

Warning: there are some statements after END near line 4969
Warning: Variable 'F.TEST' never assigned a value
Warning: Variable 'VOC.ITEM.TYPE' never assigned a value
Warning: Variable 'X.LIT.DICT.EVAL' never assigned a value
Warning: Variable 'X.LIT.DICT.EVAL.TYPE' never assigned a value
error: the following labels are used but have not been defined:
SAVE.PRIMARY.LIST
EXPAND.PHRASE
CHECK.VOC.FOR.FIELD
CHECK.FOR.SYNONYMS
CHECK.LIT.DICT.EVAL
CHECK.VOC.FOR.NONFIELD
CHECK.VARIABLE.FILE.NAME
PRINT.HELP
POST.ITEMS.PROCESSING
FINISH.ITEMS
  near line 4969
compilation failed
errno=2: No such file or directory
Can not access program DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD.PARSE.

Beverly Wilson
Daedalus Books & Music
Columbia, MD 21046
410.309.2700 voice