[Download-List] Need help with Multi-valued download

Spitzner, Eric Eric.Spitzner at quinnipiac.edu
Mon Oct 11 12:53:49 EDT 2010

Rob,

I think you can get what you want by first executing SELECT STUDENT.ACAD.CRED ... BY.EXP STC.STATUS (because as I recall, STC.STATUS is the controller of the association), then execute DOWNLOAD including the keyword BY.EXP ST.STATUS. What will happen is that the SELECT statement will produce an active list composed of not only the record keys of the selected STUDENT.ACAD.CRED record, but - separated from the key by value marks (@VM) - subscripts of the value & subvalue of the selected STC.STATUS (and all the associated items). You will then omit the NUM.VALUES and ORIENTATION keywords as DOWNLOAD will see each STUDENT.ACAD.CRED record once for each value of STC.STATUS.

I see that you include an XLLCC variable. I suppose this is a custom computed column. You must be sure it is included in the association for DOWNLOAD to recognize its membership in the association. It may be necessary to create computed columns for each of the multi-valued data elements in association with STC.STATUS and a new ASSOCIATION. We (QU) have done that in the past and it seems to work reasonably well. It's sort of like a VOC SYNONYM.

HTH
Eric Spitzner, CDP (eric.spitzner at quinnipiac.edu)
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Quinnipiac University; Hamden, Connecticut
Sun V490; Solaris 10; UniData 7.1.0
Colleague 18 and Benefactor 5.1