[Download-List] Installing 7.4

David L. Rotman rotmand at cedarville.edu
Wed Jun 29 07:26:13 EDT 2011

It sounds like there is a cataloged subroutine from version  7.3 that is not getting recataloged...perhaps because the original was globally cataloged.

I would recommend copying 'DLDELCURCAT' from DOWNLOAD.SOURCE to VOC.  Then, run DLDELCURCAT until every line returns an error (meaning that the program is no longer cataloged).  This will ensure a clean catalog.  Running BUILDDL.VOC then should catalog version 7.4 of all routines.

Dave Rotman
Associate Vice President for Technology
Chief Information Officer
Cedarville University
251 N. Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
rotmand at cedarville.edu
voice 937-766-7905
fax 937-766-8819

>>> On 6/28/2011 at 9:55 AM, in message <3857344415A12D43B20E1C50F01A869807597BE3 at mail.bloomfield.local>, "DAVID WADEMAN" <David_Wademan at bloomfield.edu> wrote:

I was using 7.3 for some time now with no problems. I notice that there was a new version to 7.4. I installed 7.4 on our test account and ran my own test queries and works fine. I then went to our production account and update it. I get no problems but when I run a test query or help I get this message:

In DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD at line 33 Incorrect redefinition of common area dim1.

I am able to go back to 7.3 with no problems and test queries works fine. Am I missing some installation step or some problem I am not aware of? I am using UNIX Unidata.

:COPY FROM DOWNLOAD.SOURCE TO VOC BUILDDL.VOC OVERWRITING
1 records copied

:BUILDDL.VOC
/datatel/coll18/production/apphome/_PH_/O_BUILD.DOWNLOAD established

Enter the VOC name for the directory
containing the DOWNLOAD source files.

DOWNLOAD DIRECTORY DOWNLOAD.SOURCE

Prior to release 7.10, DOWNLOAD was always cataloged
with the DIRECT option.  The following prompts will
give you a choice on catalog methods.

Enter DIRECT to create pointers to the compiled code.
Enter LOCAL to catalog locally.
Enter an empty line to catalog globally.

CATOPTION DIRECT

BUILD COMPLETE
/datatel/coll18/production/apphome/_PH_/O_BUILD.DOWNLOAD closed