[Download-List] Fwd: [DOWNLOAD] Any format that Excel will open without prompting ?

Susan Misnick Susan.Misnick at worldlearning.org
Sat Aug 24 23:42:41 EDT 2013

Yes, you're right, the suggestion below will only solve half the issue.

I think you can make a tab be a default separator if you click on it while using the text-to-columns feature, even if the cell(s) you use it on have no tabs.

I think it keeps the default delimiter of the tab character for opening files, too, once you use it for text-to-columns.

I'm not on a Windows box at the moment, so can't check.

Susan Misnick
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Information Technology
World Learning