[Download-List] FW: Remote account

Wendy Smoak Wendy.Smoak at asu.edu
Mon Feb 9 11:05:52 EST 2004

Shawn wrote:
> I thought I would be clever and point the
> VOC to the
> correct /path/to/DOWNLOAD.SOURCE, and when the system looked
> for DOWNLOAD,
> it would still find it.  Is there a flaw in my logic?

What do your 'DOWNLOAD' and 'DOWNLOAD.SOURCE' VOC pointers look like in
the account this is not working from?

I think if you make 'DOWNLOAD.SOURCE' look like this:
:AE VOC DOWNLOAD.SOURCE
Top of "DOWNLOAD.SOURCE" in "VOC", 3 lines, 57 characters.
001: DIR
002: /path/on/other/account/to/DOWNLOAD.SOURCE
003: D_VOC
Bottom.

Then you can do this for 'DOWNLOAD' (and the various other pieces) and
it will work:
:AE VOC DOWNLOAD
Top of "DOWNLOAD" in "VOC", 2 lines, 59 characters.
001: C
002: DOWNLOAD.SOURCE/_DOWNLOAD
Bottom.

Note the LACK of a leading slash on line 2 of the 'DOWNLOAD' VOC
pointer.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.