[Download-List] Running DOWNLOAD Statements from Datatel's UI

Jason Beach Jason.Beach at marshall.tstc.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:43:03 EST 2004

According to the FAQ document (R18FAQ.PDF), Item 27, found out at
Datatel's Release 18 Resource Center
(http://www.datatel.com/support/r18.cfm) "access to the colon prompt
'within' the Colleague application or [the mnemonic] (SHEL) will no
longer be available."  In the 3 sentences above that Datatel assures its
clients that the colon prompt functionality will not be removed from R18
and that even Datatel can not remove it.

Having shared all that, Has anyone using Datatel's QueryBuilder
successfully executed a stored sentence containing a DOWNLOAD statement
from either the Before: or After: fields that are often used for doing a
GETLIST and SAVELIST command respectively?

If it helps, we are currently running DOWNLOAD 7.11 and Datatel's
Colleague R17.

A lot of my users are wanting to use QueryBuilder instead of having to
exit the session of Colleague (most have only one ud session due to
licensing) and open a telnet session to get access to the colon prompt.
Since SHEL is going away, I am trying to see if it is feasible for our
users to stay in GUI to run pre-written stored DOWNLOAD statements in
the VOC and have the ability to change there SELECT statements from
QueryBuilder.

Thanks,
Jason Beach

Systems Analyst II
Office of Institutional Research
Department of Institutional Effectiveness
Texas State Technical College Marshall
P O Box 1269
Marshall, Texas 75671

Office: (903) 923-3244
Fax:     (903) 923-3284
Email:  jason.beach at marshall.tstc.edu

Disclaimer: This email may contain the thoughts and opinions of Jason
Beach and does not represent official TSTC policy.