[Download-List] counter and variables in a paragraph?

Linda Miller lcmiller at aurora.edu
Wed Jul 20 09:12:36 EDT 2005

For getting a variable into a paragraph, I do this:

At the beginning of the paragraph:

* <<Enter Term to Process>>  - you do need the * in front and the user
gets the text between <<>> as a prompt.

Then when ever you want to use it:

SELECT STUDENTS WITH STU.TERMS = '<<Enter Term to Process>>'

Or:

DATA  <<Enter Term to Process>>